Sunday, July 18, 2004

where does the time go?

My glorious week-long vacation laden with well-meant intentions has frittered away.  A small sampling of my "to-do" list has been conquered, yet more entries have appeared on the list.  Alas! 
 
But hey, the garbage men will be happy to see that I've been "busy" again trying to reduce ~some~ of the clutter in my life.  I joined a "free-cycle" list several months ago in hopes of getting rid of those items that were just too good to throw away... Partially because the local charity doesn't do pickups any more and partially because it drives me BUGGY (don't ask me why - my neighbor tells me repeatedly to look at it like "at least it's not going to the landfill") to see people rummage through my roadside trash...  But the free-cycle thing has been a total turn-off as well.  After giving several things away - not *one* person said "thank you" - but the list now has more "wanted" postings than offerings.  Recently there have been posts _wanting_ such items as "a trailer for my pontoon boat" and "a good running car or truck, preferrably a later model" and "a big screen tv" and other such malarkey.  Get out of here!  One post that I did enjoy thoroughly, while rolling on the floor, was a post by a female, wanting "a good man with a good job."  Ha!!  Don't we all?!?!  She mentioned it was a joke, just because so many others appeared to be asking for the world on a plate, but I thought it was hilarious.
 
Hmmph.  As you can see, it doesn't take much to humor me, eh?  '-)  I live by several idioms, one of which is, "You can't get what you don't reach for."  Don't know who said it, but it certainly fits.  :)  Let's reach high, shall we?  We shall!

No comments: